dial and bidirectional _direct_ uucp lines

Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl abcscnge at csuna.csun.edu
Mon Aug 7 07:02:38 AEST 1989

I am running SCO 2.2.1 (286).  I have oldstyle uucp (L.sys, L-devices, etc).

How can I set up a bidirectional line WITHOUT a modem?  TFM's don't say
much about it.  I tried tweaking a dialer program but it didn't work.

I have an (true blue IBM) AT (model 339) which is direct connected to
a Motorla Delta 3600.  I would like a bidirectional connection, as my
development is split between the two machines, and I don't always want
to wait for the poll, or to have to go to the 3600 and manually kick
off a UUCP.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions?  Obviously
putting a modem in this hookup would be ridiculous.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Scott

--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!sm.unisys.com!csun!csuna.csun.edu!abcscnge