Interested in work being done on Xenix 386 GCC or G++

Kayvan Sylvan kayvan at mrspoc.Transact.COM
Mon Aug 7 06:23:37 AEST 1989

I am finally starting to do some work on getting gcc (and hopefully g++)
working on my Xenix 386 machine.

The only stumbling block is that the compiler produces code that is in the
AT&T style assembler syntax. Xenix's 386 assembler, masm, can not handle this.
I have gotten a fair amount of interest in the past (and one offer from a
co-conspirator to work on this with me. Hi Mike!)

I'm interested in finding out about what work has been done on GCC on Xenix in
the following areas:

     1) Creating machine descriptions to generate masm code
     2) AT&T as syntax to masm syntax translators
     3) AT&T style assembler
     4) COFF encapsulation-type work for getting gas to generate usable
        object files.

My approach is to go ahead with plan #1 above, but I would be most interested
in hearing about any others.

			---Kayvan
--
Kayvan Sylvan @ Transact Software, Inc. -*-  Los Altos, CA (415) 961-6112
Internet: kayvan at Transact.COM -*- UUCP: ...!{apple,pyramid,mips}!mrspoc!kayvan