Vpix

Bruce A. McIntyre bruce at mdi386.UUCP
Mon Aug 14 21:46:38 AEST 1989

In article <2 at pcgbase.UUCP>, root at pcgbase.UUCP (Super user) writes:
> Does anybody have any advice about Pagemaker under Vpix?
> Does it work?  If the answer is yes I assmume that means
> MS Windows and a MS Mouse will work with Vpix also.
I have not used Pagemaker under VP/IX, but have used Samna's AMI, which
is also a windows based product, and does work just fine.  However,
one evening when not completely awake, I tried to install Windows386,
and only after the message that it would not run on an 80286 did I
remember that VP/IX gives you a virtual 8088 environment.  Windows286
on VP/IX runs almost as fast as it does on my 10Mhz 80286, and except
for the requirement to flush the print buffer for non-dedicated printers,
I find it works just fine.
bruce