SCO 386 rsh problem

N. Del More noel at ubbs-nh.MV.COM
Mon Aug 14 13:02:31 AEST 1989

I've a need to restrict access to certain portions of my system, the most
obvious choice was to use "rsh" as a shell for the users I wished to
restrict.

However, SCO has coded "/bin:/usr/bin" as the a default path into the
shell itself.  Really dumb, the usrs .profile will not over ride the
default path.

So, the question, is their a cure, fix, patch available, or is their an
alternative?

Many thanks!
Noel

P.S.  Hey Russ!  How long does it take a user with a restricted shell to
get out of it?

About 2 seconds flat....
	try
	$csh <cr>

geeez!

--
Noel B. Del More             |                             decvax!ubbs-nh!noel
17 Meredith Drive            |                             noel at ubbs-nh.mv.com