sendmail and BIND

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.dec.com
Tue Aug 22 23:23:34 AEST 1989

Did someone report a sendmail bug under ULTRIX a while back having to do
with the
resolver?  I seem to remember something about it but cannot find it.
What I am seeing is
that the resolver seems to want to try anything.domain as
anything.domain.mydomain first
before doing anything else.  I never noticed this before yeaterday when
for the first
time in ages the servers for 'mydomain' weren't responding.  then we got
tons of
errors in the syslog file.  (MAXRETRIES...)

Did someone else report this?  (Does anyone remember a fix?)  I can poke
around in the sendmail
code...

Fred