Need A Good Terminal For Xenix/386

Gary Blumenstein garyb at gallium.UUCP
Fri Aug 11 12:01:55 AEST 1989

In article <1460 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:

>  By the time you get ANSI, color, compatible keyboard, etc, you might
>be better off to buy the cheapest XT clone you can find, add a cheap EGA
>and monitor, and run (free) Kermit in vt100 mode.

I like the Falco 5220e  It has vt100/220, ANSI, Tektronics 4014, overscan,
true dual host, etc.  I use them to run our graphic applcations as the
mode switching and bitmaps look great.  It's a monochrome terminal though.

With the graphic chip option (~$65) you can get 3 pages of memory to display
a full 25X80 page of text, a full bitmap screen and a third text page in
132 columns.  You can get up to 6 windows if you're conservative and don't
need all those features.   I use them to dual host to different systems
including a VAX and our SCO XENIX system.

They make other models if you need to do things like run VP/ix and stuff.

--
Gary Blumenstein, UNIX Systems Administrator // CIBA-GEIGY CORPORATION, USA