SCO UNIX owners have fewer choices?

Brian Litzinger brian at apt.UUCP
Thu Aug 31 06:04:23 AEST 1989

Our company is a manufacturer and designer of various products for use
with 386 based computers running various forms of UNIX.

Our products are known to work on most flavors of UNIX, however, we
have not yet tested them with SCO's UNIX product.

This is mainly because after 8 days of calling and leaving messages
no one at SCO has felt it worth their time to return our calls.

Perhaps SCO doesn't feel our products are worth the effort to support or
perhaps they are protecting SCO owners from products which they don't
feel meet their standards.

In either case, SCO couldn't possibly know what our products are without
speaking to us.  Most of our designs are sold by other companies, who
don't usually mention that we designed them.  Samsung, for example.

We've been told by the receptionist at SCO that the developers relations
person at SCO is Tom Wallace.  Does anyone have another name we might
try to contact at SCO?

We have found that the way a company treats its resellers and developers
is a pretty accurate gauge of how they treat their end users.

What this all boils down to is that SCO UNIX owners simply have a somewhat
more limited selection of well supported add-on products to choose from
than do owners of UNIXs from other vendors.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian at apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291