nroff drivers

Chip Rosenthal chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US
Fri Aug 18 05:03:30 AEST 1989

In article <9284 at chinet.chi.il.us> randy at chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:
>	Even better for Laserjet or DeskJet people is jetroff.

I have heard lotsa wonderful stuff about Rick's package.  However, not
for SCO's troff.  Jetroff only works with ditroff input, and therefore
you need to convert the otroff to ditroff.  There is a program in the
comp.sources.unix archives which does this (cat2dit), but my experience
is that you get really goofy looking output, mainly due to problems with
spacing.  Admittedly I haven't played around with it a lot, so it is
possible that some tweaking could fix it.

So, I've fallen back to nroff.  I've got a program which generates driver
tables for the Laserjet.  It is designed to generate tables for a variety
of fonts, symbol sets, etc.  I'd be glad to send out copies if this will
help anybody.
--
Chip Rosenthal / chip at vector.Dallas.TX.US / Dallas Semiconductor / 214-450-5337
"I wish you'd put that starvation box down and go to bed" - Albert Collins' Mom