Computone serial boards (was DigiComm)

Matthew Thurmaier thurm at shorty.CS.WISC.EDU
Fri Aug 18 08:35:36 AEST 1989

In article 7822, Dave Fenske writes -
> Hopefully, you get the picture.  There are a lot of variables.  If you REALLY
> want to be safe, forget the AT clones and buy a nice Altos or NCR Tower where
> everything comes from the same source.

Dave, you and I have talked many times on the phone, so you know not to
take this personally, but...

I thought that a "nice Altos or NCR Tower" was an oxymoron, kinda like
military inteligence... ;-).  Actually I am only half kidding.  I guess
I like piecing my systems together, dispite the problems that involves.
I CERTAINLY don't like going to companies that won't tell you what software
of THEIRS to purchase unless you are on a service contract with them!

That's one place where places like Computone, Digiboard, SCO, and others
of their kind really shine... Pre-sales support, something Altos and NCR
know NOTHING about.

Matthew.

Snail Mail:                                 E Mail:
Matthew J. Thurmaier                ...!{allegra,harvard,seismo}!shorty!matt
The Computer Classroom              matt at shorty.wisc.edu
6701 Seybold Road, Ste. 122
Madison, WI 53719
(608) 271-2171
                                  "why am I ALWAYS going somewhere?" >>-matt-->