UUCP help, SCO 2.3 HDB dialin/dialout no good

News Administrator clay at uci.UUCP
Tue Aug 29 01:43:06 AEST 1989

I appreciate the RTFM anxiety!

My dial-in/out started working when I set up my Hayes-compatible modem
just the way the manual said to -- I thought I had it right, and could
dial out just ONCE , and then could not receive anymore.  I believe the
critical parameter was having the modem reset to defaults on losing DTR.
Getty then runs uuchat to re-set (again?) the modem on re-initialization.

I'll email you my parameters if that would help.

Reply to clay at uci!haapi over the uucp net.

Good luck!
--
Clayton Haapala                ...!mmm!dicome!uci!clay
Unified Communications Inc.