(SCO) TCP/IP, NFS vs locking

Terry Hull terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us
Mon Aug 28 09:02:43 AEST 1989

In article <118 at mdi386.UUCP> bruce at mdi386.UUCP (Bruce A. McIntyre) writes:

>You can get the AT&T STREAMS (RFS) package for SCO UNIX from SCO.  It
>also comes with XENIX-NET if you are hooking PC's to the XENIX host..

Hold it!  There is a lot of difference between RFS and Streams.  I have
the SCO Streams Run-time which implements AT&T streams.  It does NOT provide
RFS.  On the 3B2/400s I administer, RFS is build on top of streams, but
just because you have streams does not mean that you have RFS.

I understand the streams run-time will no longer be needed with SCO UNIX.
The streams modules will be in the 3.2 kernel that you get from SCO.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University