Comms Program For Xenix

Paul Gillingwater paul at csnz.co.nz
Mon Aug 28 13:41:06 AEST 1989

In article <7765 at charlie.OZ> vortex at charlie.OZ (Mark Gregson) writes:
>	Hi, I run a Xenix system at home and I'd very much like to
>	find a communications program that will run under xenix and
>	have the following functions.
>	Good, reliable script system allowing me to write scripts to
>	instruct the system to call remote systems and collect data.
>	Zmodem protocol is also a must with this program.

Kermit, using rz/sz as a sub-shell.  Works just dandy! e.g.
 ^\C     # Kermit command escape
Kermit>! rz >/dev/tty1a </dev/tty1a

N.B. Just redirect standard output and input of the rz or sz to your
modem port.  Make sure you have a space after the "!".  It's also
possible to write a wrapper if you use the same port for your modem
all the time, but use $@ for the other flags you might use.

--
Paul Gillingwater, Computer Sciences of New Zealand Limited
Domain: paul at csnz.co.nz  Bang: uunet!vuwcomp!dsiramd!csnz!paul