Colour terminal reccomendations sought

Bob Willey bob at consult.UUCP
Tue Aug 29 22:41:34 AEST 1989

In article <431 at lxn.eds.com> bill at lxn.UUCP (Bill Doviak) writes:
>In article <1989Aug21.095544.22786 at ziebmef.mef.org> rocchi at ziebmef.mef.org (Paul Rocchi) writes:
>>Persuant to my previous request re: wyse 350 termcaps, we have determined that
>>the problem we are having is actually in the hardware.  Could anybody out there
>>reccommend a Colour terminal for use with SCO xenix that does not possess the
>>"magic cookie glitch".   Thanks in advance.
>I have been looking for some time and have not come up with ANYTHING! The

We have experienced the same problem.  We just got back from SCO Forum 89 and
think we have found the solution.  It is the Wyse 370 terminal.  Much
nicer to configure (and can be changed in the setup).  Screen is excellent,
does not scroll and other items that the 350 does.  And it will run with
a Wy60 termcap.  Does not need special entries, since the setup in the
terminal is so complete.  We got a chance to actually put it on an
IBC machine and try it for about an hour.  And I was very pleased.
Have not had a chance to try it under WordPerfect yet, but I have
an eval unit coming to complete the test.  Will keep the net informed
of my results, but so far, it is thumbs up!

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..      Bob Willey        ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..