small scale compiler

Richard Goerwitz goer at sophist.uucp
Mon Aug 21 07:31:54 AEST 1989

Thanks everyone who gave me advice on Micronics motherboards,
Miniscribe drives, etc.  I now have a 25Mhz Micronics MB with
Phoenix BIOS running with a WD 1007 controller and a Miniscribe
3180E drive.  Everything runs like a charm.  The key was NOT
to follow the procedure outlined by the Miniscribe techs, a
whacky procedure that involved diabling the controller BIOS af-
ter using it to format the disc, but to follow the standard
procedure outlined in the WD 1007 controller docs.

One question lingers on in my mind:  Is there such a thing as
a small-scale compiler for Xenix?  I primarily do natural lang-
uage processing in Icon, and do not have the need/financial re-
sources for a full-scale development system.  Is there such a
thing as a simple c-compiler for people who will only be using
it to create small-scale utilities?

                                       -Richard L. Goerwitz
                                       goer at sophist.uchicago.edu
                                       rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer