serials printers with Xenix 2.3.2

Larry Snyder root at .UUCP
Tue Aug 15 12:47:24 AEST 1989

In article <12422 at eddie.MIT.EDU>, aryeh at eddie.MIT.EDU (Aryeh M. Weiss) writes:
> The following assumes that your serial drivers support hardware
> handshaking.  I assume the drivers built into Xenix do.  Drivers supplied
> by board manufacturers might not.
>
> SCO Xenix supports RTS and CTS handshaking.  These are enabled via

Starting with what version?  I am using 2.3.1 and understand that there are
bugs with the serial hardware handshaking and found a patch on Sandy's
XBBS the might solve my problems.

>      Now a warning:  I have seen a lot of bugs with so-called "smart"
> cards that contain a large on-board memory and a processor.  The problem

 What card would you suggest for a new installation (Computone?)

--
Larry Snyder                         uucp: iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry
The Northern Star XBBS/Usenet Site   219-289-3745 (PEP+) 219-287-9020 (HST)