serials printers with Xenix 2.3.2

Robec Horsham PM eli at robechq.UUCP
Wed Aug 16 05:55:28 AEST 1989

jim at bahamut.fsc.com (James O'Connor) writes:

>Is there a special stty setting that must be turned on (or off) to get a
>serial port to use DTR handshaking with a serial printer?  Should I use
>/dev/tty1G instead of /dev/tty1g?

Use the modem control port (the driver uses DTR when you refer to the
modem control port).  Wire the busy or ready line from the printer
(usually 11 or 20 on a 25 pin connector) to CTS on the computer port
(pin 5 on a 25 pin connector).  Change your stty to turn OFF xon xoff and
clocal, turn ON rtsflow and ctsflow ( stty <baud> -ixon -ixoff -clocal
rtsflow ctsflow ).  If you are using 2.3.1 make sure that you apply
the ctsflow/rtsflow fix from SCO Support.