Dial in and out problems

Don Glover corwin at polari.UUCP
Tue Aug 15 08:16:15 AEST 1989

I am having problems with my dial in line and my dial out line.
I had fought with xenix ( I am use 2.2.3 on a 286) to the point
where I had succesfully got the system to allow dial ins at all
baud rates AND I could make cu calls out. (This took me a while)
I was trying to to get uucp to work, and accepted some help from
a friend with considerably more knowledge than I.  He made the
appropriate changes all around and things look better, I could
get uucp calls from another system but could not get them to go
out.  I had to reboot the system to look at my DOS side (have
the hard disk partioned 32meg dos and 48 meg xenix) when I brought
it back up in xenix i could no longet get any dial ins or make any
cu calls out.   I can call out with cu by not using the dialer,
ie doing a cu dir and I can also use cu dir to set the modem to
anwer incoming calls.  I have no idea what may have happened here
so I am willing to take suggestions, thanx in advance.