Trouble with TB Plus (Please Help!!)

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Wed Aug 30 06:15:35 AEST 1989

In article <124 at clleth.UUCP> grant at clleth.UUCP (Grant Fengstad) writes:
>I am having some wierd problems with my Telebit Trailblazer Plus modem.
>                                              At the 19,200 baud speed,
>uucico is reporting transmission faults from my host feed.  My effective
>transfer rate sucks, to put it bluntly.  What is happening is as news
>is being queued to transfer, the modem appears to time out and reports
> Alarm 1
> Alarm 2
> Alarm 3, etc etc.

I don't think the modem is reporting "Alarm n"; I think that's output by
uucico.

>If I kick the modem speed down to 9600 via my Systems file, it transfers
>without any errors.
>                                        My modem register settings are as
>follows:
>	S50=0 S51=254 S52=2 S53=3 S54=3 S58=2 S66=0
>I've tried changing my S58 to 3 (no change)
>I've tried changing S51=5 and S66=1 (no change)

If you're setting your port to 19200, why wouldn't you
have S50=255?
And do you also have S110=255 and S111=30?

Is the trouble only with Netnews, or can you just
run a uucp transfer to another site and get good
results?

And do you have CTSFLOW and RTSFLOW in your gettydefs?

Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr at jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341 at compuserve.com