Tandy order number for the Adap

uhclem at trsvax.UUCP uhclem at trsvax.UUCP
Wed Aug 16 05:28:00 AEST 1989

<>
B>The current price of the controller is $349.00 (today) be aware that they
B>have released a new catalog (also today) and the price is up to $499.00.
B>So, if your planning to anyway, buy it now before they update the POS
B>price lists at the stores.

No need.  You are getting controller types mixed up.  Reading from the 1990
catalog:  The AT-style SCSI adapter (25-4161) costs $350 and
	  the Micro-Channel SCSI adapter (25-6060) costs $500.
(Okay, they actually cost 5 cents less.)

The change in price of the AT-style adapter (was $300) supposedly comes from
some new functionality that allows it to work with more 386-mode DOS
programs.  I cannot really see a reason for the increase since the board
design was also  cost-reduced.  (Perhaps it is selling well enough to be
sold at a higher margin.)  In any event, XENIX/UNIX systems should not
see any differences.

<My opinions, but I also have this catalog thing here and it says so.  Nayyah.>

					"Thank you, Uh Clem."
					Frank Durda IV @ <trsvax!uhclem>
				...decvax!microsoft!trsvax!uhclem
				...hal6000!trsvax!uhclem