VP/ix problems

Perry Minyard perry at bluemtn.uucp
Tue Dec 19 08:10:15 AEST 1989

I'm running a 33mhz 80386 machine under SCO Xenix 2.3.3GT with VP/ix.  We
have a computone 6port intelliport with Wyse99GT's.   When I run VP/ix under
wyse60 emulation, the echo back rate to the terminal is very very slow.
Especially if I'm running word perfect 4.2 under VP/ix.  SCO provided me
with a patch that was supposed to speed up the sluggishness but it
made no difference.   I can almost be one half a line ahead in typing
before it catches up with me.  It's a real pain in the a$$ for my secretary.

It seems to be slow on the console too, but not as bad.

Does anybody have this problem also?  It's not just Word Perfect 4.2 that
is slow.  Its slow anytime, with 1 or 5 users logged on.

Also, the vpix manual says it does not support graphics on a serial
terminal.  Has anybody proved them wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Perry Minyard

uunet!bluemtn!perry