Where's the "dumb" nroff terminal driver?

Roger Cornelius rac at sherpa.uucp
Sun Dec 17 15:38:44 AEST 1989

The nroff manual page (under the "-Tdevice" option) lists the "dumb"
device as one of the "other" supported devices.  It's for "terminal
types with no special features", and is supposed to invoke col
automatically.  But "nroff -Tdumb" just returns with "Non-existent
terminal type".  There is no "dumb" file in /usr/lib/term where the
other drivers are kept either.

So what happened to the driver for "dumb" devices?  I know I can just
pipe nroff into col, but I've always wondered why this didn't work.
Did SCO just forget to include it?

--
Roger A. Cornelius           rac at sherpa            uunet!sherpa!rac