SCO XENIX/286 SYS V sh stack overflow

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Fri Dec 22 04:52:28 AEST 1989

In article <3593 at lgnp1.LS.COM>, phil at lgnp1.LS.COM (Phil Eschallier) writes:
> In article <72 at slvblc.UUCP> dick at slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:

> >Well, that's exactly what happens on my 286.  My question is, just how do
> >I go about getting an sh with a bigger stack?!?  Is there a utility that
> >can be used to patch the object file?  Can I get one from SCO?  Just how
> >do I go about doing this wonderful thing?

You can use the fixhdr command to change the stack size (among other
things).  According to page 18 of my handy-dandy SSC XENIX System V
Command Summary:
	fixhdr -F xxxx program_name

	where xxxx is the size of the stack in hex
(sure is nice to have 5,000 of these handy booklets within 50 feet :-) )

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
     uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl            (206)527-3385