Need Suggestions; Menu Software

Bob Willey bob at consult.UUCP
Fri Dec 29 17:16:04 AEST 1989

In article <262 at bahamut.fsc.com> jim at bahamut.fsc.com (James O'Connor) writes:
>In article <259 at consult.UUCP>, bob at consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) writes:
>> In article <1102 at crpmks.UUCP> garyb at crpmks.UUCP (Gary Blumenstein) writes:
>> >Can anyone out there recommend a decent menu generating utility that
>> >will run under XENIX?  We have a need for such a program which will let
>Not only should the product be able to run on Xenix, but should be able, via
>source or binary availability, be able to run on other platforms as well.
>Therefore, if anyone knows of a MULTI-VENDOR menu package, or of one that
>MenuMagic as a good menu package, which it probably is, and I had hoped to be
>able to use it, but it is only available for Xenix, and a conversation with
>TKI led a friend of mine to believe that Xenix is all it would ever be
>available for, except for perhaps SCO Unix.)

I think you observation by your friend was incorrect.
Terry Keene of TKI, (MenuMagic) is currently working on several
ports of MenuMagic at this time (AIX for RT for one).
It would be worth your time to give Terry a call directly to
discuss your needs and application.  He is a very competent UNIX
programmer, and is very open to suggestions.
I am familiar with his work from his previous company, and
his previous product ATvanced Office System, which is the
backbone of the new product MenuMagic. (Only much better, and
not a limited menu program as AOS was.).
We are not affiliated with TKI, other that having used their
products for our clients.
I hope this information is useful to the net,
as there seems to be great interest in this
subject for the UNIX world in general.
There seems to be a lot of possible answers, but few
GOOD solutions.

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..    Bob Willey, CDP     ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..