Multi-ports board (Smart vs Dumb)

John Stewart stewart at netxcom.DHL.COM
Fri Dec 15 08:09:15 AEST 1989

In article <511080 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>I agree.  I've played with the Computone and Digiboard smart boards - and
>neither one works with bi-directional communications using the supplied
>drivers under SCO Xenix.

I've been bitten by that myself using the Computone board.  The solution
is to make it stupid by gutting /etc/ic_control.  To be explicit, here
are the contents of my /etc/ic_control file:

ttyi00:

ttyi01:
	=ttyi00
ttyi02:
	=ttyi00
ttyi03:
	=ttyi00
ttyi04:
	=ttyi00
ttyi05:
	=ttyi00
ttyi06:
	=ttyi00
ttyi07:
	=ttyi00
--
John Stewart, Effective Computing, Inc., (202) 232-5470     stewart at ecompin.UUCP
     at NetExpress Communications, Inc., (703) 749-2796
        stewart at netxcom.iad-nxe.global-mis.dhl.com