Multi-ports board (Smart vs Dumb)

Mike Squires mikes at NCoast.ORG
Tue Dec 12 15:55:49 AEST 1989

In article <8912120109.AA17762 at decwrl.dec.com> paine at fungus.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:

>I am still looking for good multi-ports board for modem type terminal
>(both dial-out and dial-in) only.   I have bad experience with Arnet
>SmartPorts and I have contact other Arnet owners to have same problem.
>I am running SCO Unix 3.2, Telebit T2500 and Hayes 2400.

I'm running a TB+ using an Arnet Smartport, driver v 5.1.9, and except for
the bug with DTR not dropping under certain conditions things are working
satisfactorily.  OS is XENIX V 2.3.2.  I traced many of my problems to the
dialTBIT dialer, which was broken.  Using the Dialers file instead (with a
entry for initialization) seems to work OK - at least there haven't been
any LCK..tty3C files left in /usr/spool/uucp for a while now.

Arnet has promised an updated driver in three weeks (hint, hint).