Panics and double panics.

John Palmer jpp at tygra.UUCP
Fri Dec 29 09:23:19 AEST 1989

..In article <259A431A.4CAD at marob.masa.com. daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:
..In article <2599259F.31C0 at marob.masa.com. I wrote:
..The system will boot and operate normally for an indeterminate period of
..time, but will eventually panic [...]
..	Kernel Panic - Non-recoverable Kernel Page Fault.
..	Kernel Double Panic - Stack Fault.
 [...]
..10 bits of I/O address decoding
..Wed Dec 27 11:30:03

.. [...]
.A colleague has questioned the choice of DMA channel 1 for the tape
.drive, to which I replied that the tape driver was installed by the
.mkdev tape `auto-configure' option (leaving all parameters as zero).
.
.Has anyone experienced problems using DMA channel 1 for a tape drive ?
.
.Has anyone had problems with the `auto' option of mkdev tape ?
.
.Might choice of DMA channel have any effect on the previously mentioned
.kernel panics?
.
Yes - I am trying to get a Colorado Memory Systems 40 meg tape drive
to work with my system (386 AT, SCO Xenix 2.3.2) and cannot get the
system to recognize it. I've tried every option available with the
mkdev tape command and still nothing. The tape drive isn't connected through
the floppy controller - it has its own controller board.

--
=  CAT-TALK Conferencing Network, Prototype Computer Conferencing System  =
-  1-800-446-4698, 300/1200/2400 baud, 8/N/1. New users use 'new'         -