Multiple CPUs: was: Re: Experience with SCO UNIX 5.3

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.on.ca
Wed Dec 13 13:45:37 AEST 1989

In article <1909 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM (Wm E Davidsen Jr) writes:
>In article <5759 at cps3xx.UUCP> usenet at cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
>
>| What product is this? I haven't seen anything in my SCO price lists or
>| other info that says they have a multiple CPU product. I remember seeing
>| a press release that said they were working on a multiprocessor
>| implementation along with a couple of other companies.
>
>  It was demonstrated at UNIX Expo, among other places. WIll handle 386
>or 486, although I'm told that the 1st CPU must be 386. This was
>developed for the Zenith (I believe it's called the model Z1000)
>multi-processor machine. Now that ZDS has been sold I don't know the
>status of the project.

The product demonstrated at UNIXExpo was by Corollory, and as I
understood it, the SCO product was hardware-specific for that. You may
only be able to get it from Corrolory distributors, but I'm not sure.

--
  Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
          evan at telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan / (416)452-0504