archive tape drives, xenix, how to setup

Joseph Sarkes joe at junkyard.UUCP
Thu Dec 14 13:47:43 AEST 1989

In article <135 at wyn386.UUCP>, danielw at wyn386.UUCP (Daniel Wynalda) writes:
> and it told me that interrupts 3,4,5,6,7 were all in use so I selected
> IRQ 2 on the jumper and for the installation of the tape drive.  For TYPE

> I get is when I try to do a "tape reset" or "tape reten" for example.
> "tape reset" will reset the tape drive but hangs indefinitely.  "tape reten"
> basically just gives me an error saying "can't open device /dev/xct0".

One thing to keep in mind on AT boxes is that interrupt 2 was eaten
up by the second dma controller. The way to access int 2 is to use the
physical int 2 line on the hardware card, but to use INT 9 on the
software side, as this is where the int 2 line was connected to upon
the addition of the second dma controller.

Joseph Sarkes	(junkyard!joe)