getty and signals?

Rasmus Lerdorf rasmus at nttor.uucp
Fri Dec 8 01:04:59 AEST 1989

Hi, could someone tell me what signals a Xenix 2.3.x getty understands and
what the resulting getty action is upon receiving the signal?  And has there
been a change from the 2.2.3 getty?

I am asking because it seems uucico leaves the getty in a strange state after
dialing out on a tty and not allowing logins on the same tty after it is done
with it.  A disable/enable fixes it, but I'd like to just modify my dialTBIT
routine to give the getty a little nudge when it is done with it to wake it
back up.  I have had moderate success sending the getty a SIGTERM, but I was
wondering if there was a proper way of initializing the getty without having
to disable and re-enable it.
--
Rasmus Lerdorf {lsuc,utzoo,mnetor}!dciem!nttor!rasmus |I'd rather be in Denmark
Northern Telecom, Toronto, Canada. (416)597-2090x2505 |SD Eng Waterloo '93