smart serial port boards (Arnet)

Mark Tapper markt at polari.UUCP
Sat Dec 16 19:35:19 AEST 1989

In article <158 at raider.MFEE.TN.US> wlk at raider.MFEE.TN.US (Wolf Kozel) writes:
>Greetings!
>
>   There is a problem with the Arnet Smartport and Telebit
>modems.  It has to do with the Smartport buffering data in
>its 64K buffer and sending it out to the Telebit in a chunk.
>The Telebit modem gets confused.  With non-intelligent Multiport,
>there is no problem.
>
>  This does seem to be an industry-wide problem (from other postings
>I've seen).  Intelligent cards have a problem with Telebit but

  This is not a problem with the Anvil Stallion 16 port.  We have 2 telebits
hooked up at 9600 and have had no problems with the modems at all.  It sounds
like this is not really an industry-wide problem, but an Arnet Smartport
problem.

 I wouldnt recommend the Stallion though,  At 19200 it makes other ports
just about useless if we are getting any incoming traffic.

Mark Tapper

--
         Mark Tapper  markt at polari.uucp   uw-beaver!sumax!polari!markt