Multi-ports board (Smart vs Dumb)

John Pettitt jpp at specialix.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 20:50:35 AEST 1989

>>They also have pledged to solve the problems -- more than many other
>>companies have said they would do (or have actually done)!

>You have better experiences then I have, I reported this bug in
>August this year and did not even receive any acknowledgement.

Firstly sorry to take up net bandwidth on this but as the
original comment went to the whole net I feel it right
to reply to the net. (flames to /dev/null)

I have checked out logs and the bug was logged and acknoweledged
by mail.  It appears that the mail went to /dev/null at some
point (we don't keep mail logs for more than a month so I can't
say what route it took).

If you do need to report bugs the correct address is

		support at specialix.co.uk

The bug you reported (not setting CARR_ON when CLOCAL is set on
a modem device) has been fixed.  The fix is in the version currently
in QC for mid/late Jan release.

--
John Pettitt				UUCP:  uunet!slxsys!jpp
Internet: John.Pettitt at specialix.co.uk	JANET: emxxjpp at uk.ac.brunel.me
POTS: +44 1 941 2564			FAX:   +44 1 941 4098
Disclaimer: Me, say that ?  Never, it's a forged posting !