Multi-ports board (Smart vs Dumb)

Stan Voket asv at gaboon.UUCP
Thu Dec 14 10:57:04 AEST 1989

In article <8912120109.AA17762 at decwrl.dec.com> paine at fungus.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:

>I am still looking for good multi-ports board for modem type terminal
>(both dial-out and dial-in) only.   I have bad experience with Arnet
>SmartPorts and I have contact other Arnet owners to have same problem.
>I am running SCO Unix 3.2, Telebit T2500 and Hayes 2400.

willy-

I'm a happy user of an Equinox megaport baord under Interactive Unix.
The device  driver disk label says it works under SCO unix (among others) too.

I got mine from Continental Computer systems in CT. Equinox sent me there.

Here's the number: 203 665-1355. They are very knowledgeable about SCO Unix too.

I run a Trailblazer doing bidirectional uucp on the board and it works fine.
No interrupts either!

(happy user disclaimers apply)