Looking for a serial card and nedd some help

Larry Snyder akcs.larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Dec 4 00:54:29 AEST 1989

>To all the Xenix people out there:
>I am looking for a used but working 4 or greater port serial card.  It doesn't
>necessarily need to be smart.  However, I would like to have the docs and

Here is my 2 cents -

I would suggest the Digiboard dumb board.  The 16450's are socketed so at
which time SCO updates the driver with FIFO support, you could replace the
chips with 16550A's.  The key it to use the SCO asy driver which works quite
well.

I tried using the Digiboard smart (12.5 mhz) as well as the CompuTone smart
board with the provided drivers - and neither board worked well with bi-
directional communications with modem control (all my ports are using for
high speed modems).  I currently am using a Hostess board which works just
fine.