NNTP on Xenix??

Michael Killermann micha at gopnbg.UUCP
Sun Dec 31 12:53:15 AEST 1989

In article <252 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
}
}   Has anyone run NNTP to read news on Xenix/386? I have Excelan TCP (and
} could go to SCO if needed). I am just running out of space for news, and
} before trying to port NNTY to run under Xenix I thought I'd ask.
}
}   I think I have the latest version of NNTP, and it is *very* BSDish.

I run here my Xenix-Machine as a NNTP-Server for two other Xenix,
one Interactive and one sun 3/50.
It works very fine.

The nntp-Server was a standard-Edition (i mean very old 1 or two years).
The rrn was patched by csch at netcs.

But i have SCO-TCP with the Development for TCP and a WD 8003 E card and
not the Exelan-Card.

mfg Micha

|  mk at gopnbg.gopas.sub.org   GOPAS GmbH "Backbone"  D-8500 Nuernberg, FRG    |
|  GOPAS Computervertrieb GmbH Schuetzenstr. 1 8600 Bamberg, West-Germany    |
|  Abt. Kommunikation / Haendlervertrieb      Michael Killermann             |
|  Tel: +49 951-202024 (voice) | +49 951-21721 (FAX G3)  MSN:M.KILLERMANN    |
|  mk at sub.net | mk at gopnbg (from Europe) : mk at gopas.sub.org (from other)      |