Core Dumps

Jeffrey Kirk captain at vax1.acs.udel.EDU
Tue Dec 12 00:40:39 AEST 1989

In article <591 at s5.Morgan.COM> amull at Morgan.COM (Andrew P. Mullhaupt) writes:
:I am porting a large program to SCO UNIX System/V 386 r3.2 and
:it has acquired the habit of core dumping here and there. There
:isn't a lot of use in looking at the dumps, which (due to data)
:are about 8 MBytes. I have tried to find a limit I can put on
:the size of core dumps, or a way to pipe them to /dev/null, etc.
:
:I put a file in the directory with the name core, owned by
:root and read only, but the dump still happens. Any ideas?
:

Try: ln /dev/null core, from the directory where you get the dump.