SCO XENIX/286 SYS V sh stack overflow

Phil Eschallier phil at lgnp1.LS.COM
Tue Dec 19 00:20:23 AEST 1989

In article <72 at slvblc.UUCP> dick at slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:
>I am attempting to install the Elm mailer on SCO XENIX/286 SYS V 2.3.2
>and the README file for Elm 2.5 states:
>
>	The Configuration script has been known to exceed the default
>	stack size in Unix 286 sh's.  If Configure does not run correctly
>	on this type of machine increase the stack size and rerun it.
>
>Well, that's exactly what happens on my 286.  My question is, just how do
>I go about getting an sh with a bigger stack?!?  Is there a utility that
>can be used to patch the object file?  Can I get one from SCO?  Just how
>do I go about doing this wonderful thing?

	this can be corrected in the Configure shell script.  i don't have
	the source handy right now but as i remember there is a line that
	processes the configure info -- the line is:
	". ./config.sh"  or something similar.  change the line to:
	"/bin/sh ./config.sh"

	this will solve the overflow problem.

	let me know if you cannot get this to work and i will pull up my
	source and send you the exact patch.

	phil eschallier
	phil at ls.com