Multi-ports board (Smart vs Dumb)

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Tue Dec 12 22:57:05 AEST 1989

> I believe that Smart board works best for serial cable connecting to
> terminal and modem type terminal works best with Dumb type serial board.
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

I agree.  I've played with the Computone and Digiboard smart boards - and
neither one works with bi-directional communications using the supplied
drivers under SCO Xenix.

> I still don't know which board I should look for.   DIGIboard looks good
> but it is not in Seattle area.

Digiboard does offer a 30 day "trial" period - to see if you can get their
products up and running..

--
Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
uucp: root at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!root