Problem with uucp login with SCO XENIX 2.3.1

Ed Clarke clarke at acheron.UUCP
Mon Jan 9 16:12:37 AEST 1989

>From article <397 at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US>, by root at mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey):
> (an arbitrary location, of course).  I also modified the files in
> /usr/lib/mkuser/uucp to have all future uucp logins created in the new
> spot.  Once again, all is well with my uucp world. :-)  I will add that
> the SCO login does not allow logins of userids that have no existing home

I don't understand why you want to give uucp logins a private home
directory.  All of my uucp logins have "/usr/spool/uucppublic" as
their home directory.  This shouldn't cause any problems as far as
I can see.  Am I missing something?
--
Ed Clarke
uunet!bywater!acheron!clarke