apparent cron lockup

Richard Greenall richard at berner.UUCP
Thu Jan 26 00:09:07 AEST 1989

I have been having a problem with the cron utility under XENIX 368
version 2.3.1.  When cron is started , it will run for a while, and
then apparently lock up, not running any more jobs until it
is stopped, and then restarted again.

This occured this morning when I scheduled a backup job with "at" to
be run during the early morning.  When I arrived this morning, the
job had not run, and cron had not run any of its jobs since about
8 hours previous.  When I killed cron and restarted it, the job
was released.

Does anybody know what is happening, and whether it is something
I am doing or this is an actual bug in cron?

			thanks in advance.

			richard greenall

			watmath!dvlmarv!berner!richard
			uunet!mnetor!becker!berner!richard