VPIX and other SCO complaints

Jeff Harrell jeffh at hplsla.HP.COM
Mon Jan 30 18:36:45 AEST 1989

>I have notices a number of *strong* complaints about the quality of the
>Vpix system and of SCO hotline service.  Although I agree with some...

You bet you are going to hear a few complaints. VP/ix is buggy!

>It should be used whenever reasonably well behaved dos
>programmes MUST be run in a Xenix environment.

PFS-FIRST CHOISE, PAGEMAKER and VENTURA are "well behaved dos applications".
Try one of them out before you speek...

>I have found that hot-line support is usually excellent.  The analysts
>are generally competent.

Could you please email the number you are calling! We MUST be talking
about a different support organization! SCO support has been very poor
at BEST for me.

>I do not use Vpix:  I prefer to use a dedicated DOS machine rather than
>mix up my environment.

Well, on this I agree! If VP/ix did what it's been said it would you'd
use the product- I paid for it to use it; not let it collect dust.

Sure hope the BUGS start going away...