Vectra Vs. Irwin

Jeff Minnig jeff at dsndata.uucp
Wed Jul 26 00:29:28 AEST 1989

Have a problem with Xenix 2.3.1 and an Irwin 245 tape drive on
a HP Vectra 25.  When I cold-boot the machine, the "boot"
program is gotten off disk, and starts loading the kernel.  Then
everything hangs.  Just stops.   The only way that I can get to
my machine is to power cycle.  The same op sys configuration will
run fine at 12 mHz, but when I boot at 25 mHz, the machine hits
a brick wall...

I have in the machine:
        4 Mb of memory
        1 Arnet Smartport 8  (Works fine with the new driver)
        1 Irwin 245 40 Mb mini cartrige tape drive
        1 Hi/Low Density Floppy drive.

        The Irwin and the Floppy are both driven off of the same
        controller card.

I've been in and out of SCO support trying to get this fixed for
over two months.   If anyone has any ideas, please, send'em on.

Thanks in advance
-jeff-

     If you don't like what I said,,, just can't take a joke,,,
Jeff Minnig                     | LL:   (402) 476-8278
Design Data			|
1033 'O' St.  Suite 324         | net: {hpfcla,eecae,ugn}!dsndata!jeff
Lincoln NE 68508                |