80386 Motherboards / BIOS

Alex Nghiem nghiem at walt.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 25 16:27:04 AEST 1989

Please excuse a previous posting that Micronics uses AMI Bios. I
can't account for where I picked that up.

Has any had experience with Motherboard manufactured by
ELT systems? I'm looking at a Baby AT board that
is 80386 20/24 Mhz, Neat Chip set, interleaved memory (no cache)
1 Meg (8 Max), Video and Rom shadow, switchable, AMI Bios. Manufacturer
guarantees Unix, OS/2, Windows/386 compatibility and hardware
compatiblity with ATI VGA Wonder, WD WA2 controller. They
are checking to see if the WD1006VMM2 will work (at my request.)
Manufacturer admits that 384K is not accessable as extended
memory when Rom shadow is disabled (Not a problem if the
Rom shadow works properly in the first place.)

nghiem at walt.cc.utexas.edu
!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!walt!nghiem