xenix 286 install failure

Bob Leffler bob at rel.mi.org
Mon Jul 17 19:48:37 AEST 1989

In article <1087 at ispi.UUCP>, jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
> eli at spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) writes:
> }i suspect that my bios is the culprit.  it is a clone "magitronic" bios.
> }also, i wonder if there is some sort of problem using xenix 286 with
> }an everex hercules clone card...
> It is the Everex card.  It has a display problem.  Call Everex and get a
> patch they have available.  The installation went fine, it is just the
> card that is messing up.

Is the problem specific to a particular version of Xenix or combination
of hardware?  At home I have the Everex card in a Everex 10 Mhz AT
(Club AT).  I've been using Xenix/286 2.2.1 for about a year now,
without any troubles at all.

--
Bob Leffler - Electronic Data Systems, Financial Information Services Division
3044 West Grand Blvd., Room 11-101, Detroit, MI 48202 (313) 556-4474