tar problems with SCO

Fred Rump from home fr at icdi10.UUCP
Sun Jul 2 02:23:33 AEST 1989

In article <249 at mgse.UUCP> marks at mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) writes:

>Joke of the month:
>Instant Mainframe. Just Add SCO. (SCO advertisement)
>Mark Seiffert,  Metairie, LA.

Mark, I would suggest you buy Microport from your local used car lot and then
see what kind of support you get. I really think you're barking up the wrong
tree. You may wish to acknowledge that the 286 isn't exactly a hot Unix number
anymore now that 4MB 386 motherboards are in the under $2k range.

'Some' of us out here are doing all the things you wish to do as a matter of
course but we tend to travel downstream occasionally especially when rowing
upstream gets a bit too tiring.

I hope you're not trying to make a living off the 'Instant Mainframe' cause I
don't think they're talking about an 80286 in the ad.
Fred

PS Sorry if this upsets you, but I like the ad.  They bring in calls from the
outside world.

--
This is my house.   My castle will get started right after I finish with news.
26 Warren St.             uucp:          ...{bpa dsinc uunet}!cdin-1!icdi10!fr