problems with Xenix

Fred Rump from home fr at icdi10.UUCP
Sun Jul 2 02:08:07 AEST 1989

In article <248 at mgse.UUCP> marks at mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) writes:
>I have a clone 286 with a Wyse 995 multiport card.
>i am running SCO Xenix 286 re. 2.2.1. The Wyse drivers are 1.19.
>At one time i had the number to a Wyse Tech. in Texas. He sent me a
>revision B rom, and the 1.19 drivers, along with a 3 page list of
>other known bugs.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There was a long time ago when we tried using the Wyse 995.
It was an exercise of futility. I even went so far as to say I would eat
something or other if Wyse was on the net (they are with a Sun) but no help
was forthcoming from them. But we did see the problem to be one of Wyse's
making. They were selling the board even without drivers. As far as I know we
still have a bunch of these boards and they STILL don't work with VP/ix on the
system and we STILL can't do transparent printing of the terminals.

But whatever, I can't blame SCO for other people's lack of of product support.
The market usually takes care of that.

>them another $600+ for another year of support! (IMHO i could get
>better support from a jock strap than from them.)
>I am having two problems with the async. ports, they may be related, i
>don't know.
Of course, they are related. Plug in somebody else's multi-user board and your
problems will go away.

As far as your public flaming goes... How much do you expect them to
do for 600 bucks a year? I don't know if you've ever dealt with customer
support but $50/mo ain't much, believe me. It's one or two calls and you're
losing money.

>"When you want to get a cow pregnent, you get a bull to service here,
>SCO services there customers well."

You may also wish use a dictionary sometime.  If nothing else, use the Lyrix
speller.

--
This is my house.   My castle will get started right after I finish with news.
26 Warren St.             uucp:          ...{bpa dsinc uunet}!cdin-1!icdi10!fr