more xenix install/run problems

Steve Elias eli at spdcc.COM
Fri Jul 21 02:38:57 AEST 1989

In article <24973 at dhw68k.cts.com> johngm at dhw68k.cts.com (John Miller) writes:
>I have a friend that was trying to install and run xenix 286 and it would
>only live a short while before a panic took it down.  The problem was even
>though he had 120ns memory he was running at one wait state.  He dropped the
>wait state and now the thing runs like a charm.

	???  going from one wait state to zero solved the problem ???
	i was trying on a system with 10 MHz, 1 wait, 120 ns chips.
	there was never a problem running dos or concurrent dos with
	this setup...  so i believe the memory system was ok...

	for now, i have given up on this project (uucp->fax with xenix).
	apparently, my clone motherboard is the source of the problems.
	i can't bring myself to by another 286 computer or motherboard,
	the processor is just too stupid and i don't have the cash.
	for now i'll try to set something up with UUPC and dos fax
	software/hardware instead.

--
 ...... Steve Elias (eli at spdcc.com);(6178591389);(6178906844) {}
 /* so much entropy, so little time */