HDB UUCP Vs. Old UUCP

William Davidsen davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Mon Jul 31 08:05:10 AEST 1989

In article <4443 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> bt455s39 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Carmen Hardina) writes:
| Hi folks, I am having all kinds of problems trying to establish a UUCP
| link with a BSD machine that runs old-style UUCP.  I am running XENIX
| 2.3.1 HoneyDanBer UUCP.  Basically nothing is getting across.  Is
| there some kind of problem with trying to UUCP between old-style and HDB?

  If the BSD site is calling you they need to set no parity. To do this
they include P_NULL in the L.sys dialog. Have them look it up, but
that's probably the problem if they're calling you.

  If they're getting logged in but can't do things it's almost certainly
your Systems file being too restrictive for their site.

	good luck!
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen