Problem w/doscp command. Possible bug?

barton barton at holston.UUCP
Sun Jul 16 12:23:44 AEST 1989

In article <4341 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, bt455s39 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Carmen Hardina) writes:

[verbage deleted]

> I have 32 files that total 679,296 bytes.  I want to copy them to directory
> on the DOS partition, so I execute the following command.
>
> # doscp *.MAC c:/egamac<Return>
>
> It begins copying all the files in the current directory with the MAC extension
> after the 14th file (a total of 268,416 bytes) and displays this error.
>
> doscp: no memory for buffers

Yes this is an improvement, the doscp I have will not allow wild cards
at all!!

However, this is easily worked around with a simple shell script such
as :

		for i in `ls *.MAC`
		do
		doscp $i c:/macdir
		done &

--
Barton A. Fisk          | UUCP: {attctc,texbell,vector}!warble!holston!barton
PO Box 1781             | DOMAIN: barton at holston