Xenix/386 v2.2.1 on a TeleVideo...Help !

G. Geers [ext 3241] glenn at extro.ucc.su.oz
Thu Jul 27 12:18:05 AEST 1989

I have had quite a bit of experience installing xenix on 286 machines, however
, my knowledge of the 386 product is limited.
The hardware we have is a TeleVideo 386/16 with one floppy and a 40 Mb (type
14) hard disk. The configuration is set as 16 MHz cpu 5.3MHz bus video and bios
slow (I've tried lots of configurations - this is as delivered).

Now for the problem:
386 Xenix 2.2.1 doesn't boot (Boots on one of our Compaq's so the disk is ok)
However, 286 Xenix and Microport both boot and run (as expected).

Has anyone experienced this problem ? How do you get around it ?

Failing that can someone in Cal give me TeleVideo's phone number or, even
better, an email address ?

BTW The machine has 3.6 Mb RAM so running dos is a no no !!

This is pretty urgent.

						Thanks in advance,
									Glenn