Miniscribe drive - quick advice

Richard Goerwitz goer at sophist.uucp
Sat Jul 22 14:17:31 AEST 1989

This sort of posting strikes me as insipid; yet here I am
making one again.

I have a machine on order I intend to run Xenix on.  It
will be coming with a 150 meg Miniscribe drive with a WD
1007 ESDI controller.  No problem with the controller.
However, will that drive have too many cylinders to run
properly and effectively under Xenix along with MS-DOS?
I just don't have the info on hand, and I've seen a few
postings recently on such matters.  If someone can offer
a quick bit of advice, it might save me a few headaches.

In a word:  Should I call quickly and change the order?

                                       -Richard L. Goerwitz
                                       goer at sophist.uchicago.edu
                                       rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer